Sunday, November 13, 2011

Crossing the Finish Line


Couldn't be more happy with the results from my half-marathon! My body is hurting today, but I'm certainly letting it recover. Here are my results the Thunder Road Half-Marathon

31st place in my age division.
196th girl to finish, overall.
10k time split: 51:29
Chip time: 1:52:21
Pace: 8:35

I stayed to watch my coach finish the full marathon. I have never seen the finish of a marathon before. It was absolutely amazing! I was in awe of all of their accomplishments. Watching them finish made my 13.1 miles seem so insignificant. At first, the half-marathon was just something on my bucket list that I wanted to get checked off. Now that I have checked it off, I feel like I am capable of accomplishing so much more!  I spoke with a guy today that completed the full marathon yesterday. He said he's 'not a runner'. He started training 3 months ago for this marathon and finished yesterday! If he can do it, I can do it right? I don't know...just some thoughts that have gone through my head since yesterday. Running takes such a tole on your body, but how awesome would it be to cross that finish line after 26.2 miles?!


1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Jamie! All your hard work paid off! Hope you have a good week!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete