Today was such a busy, eventful, yet wonderful day! I got up and made some REALLY good coffee...then we went to Elevation-Uptown. After that, we came home and made lunch...relaxed for about 20 minutes then we were on the go again.
We took a road trip to Hickory, NC-practically the furniture capital of the world (my second trip for the weekend, thanks to Whit!). We got a fabulous new dining room table for the new place. We grabbed some DQ (Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard-heaven in your mouth!!) to go, then we were on the road again back to Charlotte.
Earlier today I got a text from Whit and Geoff asking if we wanted to go bowling later in the afternoon-umm ABSOLUTELY! We changed clothes and out the door we went again to bowl a few frames with our wonderful friends. After bowling we went and ate dinner at Brazwell's and came home to RELAX!!
Thankful for such a busy day, but exhausted from it as well. I wish I could have gotten more accomplished for the new place this weekend, but as my husband reminds me of all the time, "we don't have to get everything done right away". Thanks for that Russell....
Enjoy your evening everyone....I will be curled up on the couch with my snuggie blanket :)
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Pretty soon, we will be moving out of our small one bedroom apartment into a much bigger 4 bedroom house! While I am SO excited to have all of this space I am thinking to myself.....I have a lot of inspiration to come up with and decorating to do!! Here are a few ideas that I want to do in the new house...
I want to put a door like this leading from the formal living room into the tv room
I am thinking of turning the bedroom next to the master into an entire closet! Yes...a ROOM SIZED CLOSET!! How amazing would that be?? Still need to confirm with the hubby though...
We have beautiful french doors like this leading from the living room into the dining room-I LOVE them!
Okay...here is an actual picture of them!! (please note; house is still staged from the sellers for the sale) This is our dining room leading into the formal living room. Can't wait to put my own personal touch on all of this!!
I want to make my laundry room like this! Front loading washer and dryer with a folding station on top; love the tile too!
Want to make my..uh umm...OUR porch cozy like this with the swing, pillows and rug.
We have a window exactly like this above the sink in our kitchen...thinking of painting it like this yellow one
I am REALLY looking forward to decorating my...uh umm...OUR new house! I know it's going to be a huge project putting our person touch and style on all the rooms in this house but I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun! I have a lot of great ideas for making our beautiful Craftsman style bungalow look amazing! Stay tuned for it :)
Sunday, July 24, 2011
So, it's official! We are currently under contract to buy our first home!! It couldn't have worked out better! We found the PERFECT first home!! It has everything that was on our wish list (and more!). We are so blessed to have found a home that we love so much!! Keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes well with inspections this week! Here's a little sneak peek.....
|Upstairs hallway with beadboard walls and a little reading nook|
A little history on this amazing home! It is a craftsman style historic bungalow that was built in 1926. Since then, it's been completely renovated. The character in this home is unbelievable! From the beadboard walls to the redone hardwood floors..I am in love with everything in this home!
You only get a sneak peek for now...stay tuned for more pictures and the big reveal later! I am SO excited that we get to buy this amazing home-it's everything I dreamed of for our first home!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
|I want this pup....|
|...so I can do this to him when he's older :)|
"Don't cry because it's over, smile becuase it happened". -Dr. Seuss
|Miss these days...wish I could still do it!|
|Food for thought...|
|Love the placement of her tattoo....for the 2nd one maybe???|
"Keep in mind that great love & great acheivements involve great risk" - Dalia Lama
"Some people feel the rain, others get wet" - Bob Marley
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
1. Go high-waisted. Whether you wear pants or a skirt, a high waist downplays ab flab.
2. Switch to green tea. In a study of moderate exercisers, green-tea drinkers lost notably more belly fat than a control group who drank another caffeinated beverage. Make your own frozen bars from iced green tea at home!
3. Skip crunches. Or at least stop obsessing about not doing them. Cardio exercise like jumping rope or interval training is just as important. Start with 20 minutes three times a week, and work hard enough to break a sweat.
4. Zap your muffin top. Bella Contour, the newest noninvasive slimming technique. It's described as a handheld wand that delivers a combination of ultrasound, electric current and vacuum pressure to tighten skin around the abs (or thighs or buttocks). realaesthetics.com.
5. Try a natural sleep aid. A study found that subjects who sleep from 6 to 8 hours a night have significantly less stomach fat than those who sleep fewer than 6 hours. Rebloom ($24 for seven 2.5 oz. bottles; rebloom.com), a liquid supplement with zzz-inducing melatonin and Valerian root, helps your body ease into dreamland.
6. Work on your back muscles. A strong back is critical to good posture, which in turn sucks in stomach pooch.
7. Layer your tanks. The problem with shapewear tops is that they're so tight that they actually call attention to your tummy. Wear a Lycra workhorse under a loose cotton T to compress flab, or go for a two-in-one.
8. Make thyme for your body. Clarin's new extra-firming body lotion uses botanical extracts like thyme to boost the product of elastin fibers, which can help smooth skin around your abs.
9. Avoid the three C's. Canned, Carbs and Carbonated Drinks.
|Instead of canned food, choose fresh|
|Instead of carbs, choose protein|
|Instead of carbonated drinks, drink herbal teas|
10. Eat wheat berries for breakfast. Whole grains have been known to fight the belly fat associated with heart disease and diabetes, whereas refined grains like those in white bread and pasta offer none of those benefits. So skip the bagel, and boil up some wheat berries instead. Served with agave syrup, they're a tasty alternative to oatmeal.
From an article in the August 2011 InStyle magazine. Discover other ways to improve your life at instyle.com/tenways
Monday, July 11, 2011
finish each day and be done with it. you have done what you could. some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. tomorrow is a new day. you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. -emerson
What a great reminder of the importance of us to put boundaries around our expectations of each new day...
Finishing the day on purpose......