Friday, August 12, 2011

Weekend Bliss

I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog this week so what better time than a Friday night??
I did it! I started my half-marathon training program! Next week I take a  VO2 max test. It's a test that is administered to measure the maximum volume of oxygen you consume while exercising at your maximum capacity. Technically this test is the ultimate indicator of your cardiovascular fitness. I'm anxious to see where the results come out.

Tonight Russell and I went to dinner at The King's Kitchen. It's a non-profit restaurant that I've been wanting to go to for a while now. All their proceeds go back into the community of Charlotte helping to feed those in need. Pretty cool. And the food was...well not healthy (AT ALL), but delicious!




I am SO excited about tomorrow!! It will consist of  my weekly ritual of going to Athletic Conditioning at the DOWD and then hitting up Starbucks on East Blvd. after that to get in my caffeine. I love sitting in that Starbucks on Saturday mornings watching all the people that come in and out. There are so many different people from all walks of life. Young, old, single, families, business professionals, friends catching up...it's definitely one of my Saturday highlights.


Starbucks on East Blvd. Best one in Charlotte!

Don't think that I'm not going to get in my weekly pampering. I'm getting a facial tomorrow afternoon! Excited about this, of course :)

Tomorrow night we're going to see the Charlotte Roller Girls roller derby! Some friends of ours convinced us that it's going to be a good time so I'll definitely be blogging about that on Sunday!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment