Tuesday, October 4, 2011

1 Year Down

I've been MIA for a looong time. I have had so many things to blog about but I just haven't had ANY time to do it! We have a new addition to our family! We got a puppy and he's just precious. I'll post more about him later.

Meet Dexter


This past weekend was my 1 Year Anniversary with my husband! I can't believe how fast time flys by. We have already been through a lot in our first year of marriage. No telling what will be thrown our way down the road. We went to a wine vineyard on Saturday and ran into a sweet older couple who had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary this year. That is amazing and highly unheard of in society today....I wonder what things will be like 50 years from now..??
My husband did such a wonderful job making our 1 year anniversary so special! Props to him :)
Here's a little re-cap of all  my surprises:
1. He took me to my favorite spa and had a 'Couple's Training Massage' scheduled. It was so fun! We each had time on the table and the massage therapist taught us proper techniques and best way to massage. When we got out of our massage there was champagne waiting for us to enjoy
2. We went up the road a ways and went to a wine vineyard in the Yadkin Valley. It was BEAUTIFUL weather! We got to tour the winery and taste all of the wines that are made there. Perfect way to enjoy the day with lots of wine :)
3. Bling Bling-Diamonds are a girls best friend :) Russell decided it would be a good idea to bling out my wedding ring a little more! I'm not mad at it!
4.  We went to a very nice dinner on Sat night! It was so enjoyable and the food was A-Mazing! Good wine there too.
5. Since I am obsessed with Craftsman style bungalows and our new neighborhood that is full of them, Russell took me on the Elizabeth home tour on Sunday. It was so fun walking around our neighborhood and lusting after all the beautiful bungalows that we got to tour. One day...one day...
6. We took a blanket and Dex to the park and I took a nap :) Dex played and we just enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and the distant sound of a jazz band playing in the park.
7. Finally we settled down, ate the anniversary cake from our wedding day and drank some champagne.
My husband is so thoughtful and I am such a lucky girl..

No comments:

Post a Comment