A Guilty Pleasure is something that you like but don't want others to know. It's something someone enjoys and considers pleasurable despite the feeling of guilt for enjoying it. We all have them!!
Here's a small list of mine...it was hard to narrow down to only 10! (Notice how I couldn't even do that...)
12. Really high heels. These days i'm a sucker for a really high heel and a platform! If it's not higher than 4 inches, I don't want to buy it! Go big or go home, ladies. High high heels are sexy-show off those legs!
11. Gossip Girl. Love watching this show for the fashion, the city and the Upper East Side drama!
10. Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha. Heaven in my mouth. This is certainly a guilty pleasure at 500 calories for a Grande. I usually get it 'non-fat' in a Tall with a extra shot of espresso...and no whipped cream. That's about 270 calories-still not great but SO worth the calories!!
9. Shopping. If I have a Saturday open, and you ask me what I want to do...shopping will ALWAYS be my answer! I get so much enjoyment out of envisioning how i'm going to wear something once I buy it!
8. Eating gummy worms and diet coke on road trips. This is a little random, but when i'm driving or riding on long road trips-I always get a craving for a bag of gummy worms and a diet coke.
7. Airplanes : BOB I L-word this!
6. Reading fashion and tabloid magazines rather than an intellectual book. I try so hard to be intellectual and be a good reader, but even when I try to do that I find myself reading books like "Twilight" or "LA Candy" by Lauren Conrad. I've decided it's best that I just admit it and continue on with my In Style, In-Touch and US Weekly, OH...and I can't forget People: Style Watch.
5. Nutella and Pretzels. This was a fairly recent discovery by my husband, Russell. Ever since he shared this brilliant combination with me, it's impossible for me to leave the grocery store without a new bag of pretzels and jar of Nutella. And I usually can't just stop at one spoon full of Nutella....
4. Working Out. Some might not say this is not a guilty pleasure, but rather the opposite! Over the past couple years, i've become a little obsessive (as my husband would call it) about working out and eating healthy. If i'm not hitting the gym or going on a run at least 3-5 times a week...I feel terrible about myself. I do splurge a little on the weekends to keep my balance though :)
2. Massages/Manicures/Pedicures. The older I get, the more enjoyment I get out of pampering myself! A mani/pedi is a necessity at LEAST once every 2 weeks...and a massage is nice all the time!
1. Taking a nice long shower, putting on my silky robe, lighting my Wood Wick candles along with some incense all while surfing the Internet and watching my favorite TV show Friends. THAT is my all time guilty pleasure!!
What are some of your guilty pleasures??