Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Half-Marathon Training Thus Far

Since I've been so far behind on my blogging I haven't had time to give an update on my half-marathon training! I'm about 4 weeks into training and it's going great (so far). I got my VO2 Max test results back and turns out my fitness level is 'Superior'. Wow, wasn't expecting that at all. I am thinking of taking another one after I get through all this training to see how much I have improved. I have a feeling that as I get into my 5th and 6th week of training, I'm going to be very humbled as I get up in my mileage. It's only going to get harder from here. This is my schedule this week:


 Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
 Labor Day/Rest  3 Miles: EZ
 Hill repeats
 Cross Training: 
   Abs/Cardio
       Stregth
  5 Miles w/ 3
    Miles at
  Tempo pace
   Rest  5 Miles:
    Long
  Distance
      run


I'm trying to get a couple races under by belt before the big race day (November 12). I'm trying to find a 10K that I can run and I'm running the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Daniel Island on October 15th. It's been really helpful for me to have a group of runners that can hold me accountable and push me every week. If you're training for something, I highly suggest training with someone that is a little better than you! You will definitely benefit from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment